Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What do you mean no one's hiring??

I'm going to try and buck the media trend and report on some good news for a change. Yes - I can see that there are people losing their jobs, and unemployment is rising.

But as I was sitting in our staff huddle this morning I heard how, again, one of our temporary employees was being hired directly by one of our clients.

As I looked back over the last couple of months, it seems that every week we have people moving on to direct positions with our clients. There are jobs out there! There are companies hiring! While the activity may be less than it was a year or two ago - it is still happening.

Just thought that I would pass that along!

Oh - and Happy Fasnacht Day! (Note - for those of you that don't know what that is - Fat Tuesday tradition here in Central Pennsylvania is to make a fat and calorie laden donut, cook it in lard, sprinkle it with sugar and "eat it for good luck".) See you at the gym later....

0 comments:

Post a Comment